Participation Terms and Conditions between IDnow GmbH, Auenstraße 100, 80469 Munich (‘IDnow’) and Yourself (“Tester”).
§ 1 Preamble
§ 2 Subject of the contract
- The Tester is available to participate in the test procedure with respective identification documents.
- The test procedure starts with the provision of an Ident-ID by IDnow. With this Ident-ID, the Tester can start the identifications on the IDnow platform, and the Tester is identified with the software of IDnow. The results of the identification will be used by IDnow after identification and subsequently, especially after software updates, to verify and improve the recognition accuracy of the IDnow platform.
- After the test procedure we are working with three additional companies, in order to improve our software and process your data from the identification. These companies are:
- Figure Eight Technologies, Inc., 940 Howard St., San Francisco, CA 94103
- Indivillage.com, 375 13th Main,3rd Block Koramangala – 560095 Bangalore, Karnataka, India – MENA Alliances Group, Inc., MENA Alliances Geneva Place, Waterfront Drive Suite #3469 Road Town Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- In case of successful identification, you will receive the remuneration as per the following section. IDnow needs minimum 15 business days to validate the data, in order to start the payment process. IDnow is not obliged to inform about the status during the test procedure.
- In case of unsuccessful identification, all personal data will be deleted automatically.
- After the identifications you might be contacted by IDnow for a feedback about the test, so you might be contacted for marketing purposes by IDnow.
- The test procedure and identification can be done one time only. IDnow has the right to recall Ident-IDs and to stop the test procedure at IDnow´s sole discretion.
§ 3 Remuneration
For successful identification, the Tester receives a remuneration of
An identification is successful if all data is complete, readable and identifiable, as well as identical with the Tester. If any of these conditions is not given, IDnow has the right to reject payment.
Payment will be done via PayPal; it will be the 20 Euro or, if the recipient is located outside the Euro-Zone, equivalent to 20 Euro according to PayPal´s currency exchange rate.
The Tester confirms to be a private person and the income of this test doesn’t exceed the tax allowance.
§ 4 Consent
By adding name, email and postal mailing address and hitting the “Participate now” button, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal data, including the biometric data from the images recorded during the identification process, for the purpose of carrying out the test of the IDnow platform.
Information on data protection according to Art. 13 DSGVO
The provider (hereinafter also: “we”) collects, uses and stores your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Data Protection Act (BDSG). Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Below we inform you about the type, extent and purpose of the collection and use of personal data.
1. Who is responsible for data processing and to whom can you contact?
Responsible data controller: IDnow GmbH
Legal representatives: Andreas Bodczek, Joe Lichtenberger, Armin Bauer
Address: Auenstraße 100, 80469 Munich, email@example.com
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Sebastian Kraska)
2. Which data are processed and from which sources do they come from?
During processing, a technical device will be used (for example, a PC, tablet or smartphone) to record your ID document and you via video chat or photos using the camera. In the following, the identification process is explained with the corresponding steps and the associated data processing: IDnow generally collects end-user data such as first and last name, date of birth, place of birth, mobile phone number, e-mail address and address in order to carry out the identification service. You will enter these data on a website or in a form within the IDnow app. In the identification process itself, photo and / or video recordings of the identification document are created to match your previously obtained end user data with the data on the identification document. The data collected by IDnow differs depending on the identity document and the use case of the customer. In the case of passports and identity cards, in particular the first name and last name, the place of birth, the date of birth are collected. For identification under the Anti Money Laundering Act (GWG), the issuing authority, the card number, the nationality and, in the case of identity cards, the address are also collected. Driving licenses include first and last name, date of issue, driving license classes and date of birth. If the used document contains more personal information this is stored too. IDnow stores not only the end user data but also the photo and video recordings of the ID documents. In a second step, depending on the partner configuration of the IDnow software, a photo or video recording of the end user’s face is made. The photos are taken either by yourself or by an IDnow employee. For the personal identification according to the Money Laundering Act, the data will be collected as part of a video chat. The conversation between you and IDnow employees also will be recorded (audible and visually) if required by law.
3. For what purpose is the data processed and on which legal bases is the processing based?
a) Processing pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR for the fulfilment of our contractual obligations.
We process your personal information under this agreement to test the quality of our identification software.
b) Processing pursuant to Art. 9 para. 2 a) GDPR based on your consent
We process your biometric data on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 9 para. 2 a) GDPR solely for the purpose of carrying out the test procedure.
c) Processing according to Art. 6 para. 1 c) GDPR for the fulfilment of legal obligations
If our company must fulfil a legal obligation which requires the processing of personal data, such as the fulfilment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR.
4. Duration of data storage
The duration of data storage depends on the statutory data retention requirements for the contract data and billing-relevant data and is usually 10 years for billing-relevant data. Your test data will be stored for the purpose of analysing the test results and training our software and will be deleted after 10 years at the latest.
5. Rights of data subjects
The data subject has gem. Art. 15 GDPR the right to obtain free information on request about the personal data stored about him as well as the purpose of the data processing. The data subject has also gem. Articles 16, 17 and 18 GDPR the right to correct incorrect data and block and delete his personal data. Moreover, the data subject has, subject to Art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our part. According to Art. 21 (1) GDPR, the data subject shall also have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on point (e) or (f) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR. We will comply with the aforementioned requests if and to the extent such compliance is required by the applicable statutory laws. Requests for access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing may be directed to the email or post address stated in our website’s imprint. Each data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of the alleged infringement if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes the GDPR.